24 October 2008

All Filled In

We have three picture frames on the wall in our living room. They show each of the three children from preschool (well, Lauren didn't go to preschool, but from that age for her) through high school. I remember when Cindi put them up thinking that they looked a little silly, with so many blank spaces. Now the pictures are all filled in; Bekah's senior portraits arrived the other day. It was satisfying and yet rather sad to fill in that last spot. Studying the faces, Lauren and Bekah changed the least. You can easily trace the adult face in the preschool picture and vice-versa. David changed most of all - his face went from round and chubby to long and narrow. My babies are babies no longer...

1 comment:

Cindy R. said...

Awww, I feel for you. We're on the other end of the school years, with our oldest in kindergarten. I don't even want to think about my babies leaving home someday!