12 December 2008

Yeah! Concert Over!

Our Collinsville Chorale Christmas Concert is over. I don't think until it was all done I realized how much tension it had added to my life. Don't get me wrong - the music was a joy and a half! But singing is work and Andy is an exacting (if jovial) conductor. It was fun to sing with Dave and David and Cindi and Robert. I've not made up my mind if I'll do it again - the voice definitely is taxed this time of year without the extra practices and singing. Still, as Andy said when I first auditioned - you need to sing; it's good for the soul. Indeed it is.

HOWEVER, my eldest daughter was entirely rude. She said that I was a true petite man up there, and then my son-in-law chimed in that the white shirt and bow tie didn't help. Now isn't that JUST want you want to hear after a concert??? Okay, okay. So my weight IS down - I'm at 148 - and I don't have a big frame, but PETITE???

No comments: