29 March 2009

Try it!

Spray a glass plate with Pam. Slice up some cheddar cheese (about six pieces or so - enough to lay around the rim of the plate). Microwave on high for 2 and a half minutes. Take out and gently loosen from plate. Let cool. Break into pieces. Eat plain or use to hold dip (crab dip is very good with this)!

Tell me that it's not wonderful. Dare you.

[Note: microwave ovens may vary; the key is to make sure that the cheese has hardened; that means it is getting done. It will totally crisp up after you let it cool a bit]

6 comments:

Elephantschild said...

I've done this in my cast-iron skillet, with its love after-sausage patina. Yum.

William Weedon said...

yum, yum!

Friend of the Predigtamt said...

When Atkins was very very popular, there was a snack that was basically hardened cheese. It replaced chips and it was good. It came in plain and various flavors, like pizza and BBQ.

Now I cannot find that product. Looks like I'm going to try that for myself.

ScotK said...

Good stuff.

Jeremy Loesch said...

I have a poster of Philip Melanchthon that I bought in Wittenberg. On one side is a picture of his statue and on the back is a timeline of his life and some of the things he did. It is titled Universalgelehrter. I asked some Germans what that word meant and someone said, "Renaissance man" or "man of the world" because of his breadth of knowledge, his gentleness, his leadership and supervisory skills.

A great devotional blog with recipes thrown in! Who's the universalgelehrter now?

Thanks. Jeremy

Pr. H. R. said...

Pam + cheese? Isn't part of the brain fat? Has this Atkins business gone too far, Weedon?

Weedon....Weedon! Stop putting cheese on that iPhone....

+HRC