13 January 2010

Special Mention

Of all the enjoyable meetings with this person and that, catching up and what not, I must confess that an absolute highlight to me was Pastor Larry Peters. I'd already come to love this man from his writings on ALPB, but then he started a blog that is the best out there, bar none. Just to chat with him, soak up a bit of wisdom from his experience, and listen to how he slices through the Gordian Knot in an utterly Piepkornian way - wow. I remember once hearing a friend ask: "But where are our fathers in the faith? We're all brothers, but we have no fathers." I can't say that. Not now. I thank God for this dear father in the faith and for his pastoral heart and uncompromisingly Augsburg Catholic witness. Larry, you are one great GIFT of Christ to His church and we thank God for you!!! Keep up the great work!

5 comments:

J.G.F. said...

We miss you, Larry, in the AD!

Pastor Peters said...

I am very honored by your kind words, Will... but I am a nobody like everybody whose only glory is the water of my rescue and the name of Christ I wear. It is a great office filled with humble men, this yoke of Christ we share with so many. What encourages me so much is this blessed fraternity of hearts and minds who delight in slipping our toes into the giant steps of those who have trod this past before us. Whether my feet begin to fill their shoes another will have to determine, but every day I have come to know that I am not alone. The greatest fruit of this technological age is to be touched by those who walk with me in solemn humility before the mystery and every now and then share with me with the giggle of a little boy trying on his papa's shoes. Bless you, Will Weedon, bless you for sharing this journey with me... LAP+

Pastor Peters said...

Uh, should be trod this PATH... its early.. LAP+

Anonymous said...

I totally agree!! Pastor Peters is a blessing to us all

IggyAntiochus said...

Pastor Peters' blog is "must reading." One should check in on it every other day or so.