29 July 2016

Ah, Summer!

In case you were wondering, no I haven't dropped off the planet.

I mentioned on the radio how I still foolishly look forward to summer each year and always imagine and hope it will be like when I was a youngster, and those wonderful days stretched before you with nothing filling them except what you chose. Well, I know it won't QUITE be like that, but I am going to enjoy the next three weeks as my "summer." Lauren and Dean, Sawyer, Annabelle, and Flynn will be arriving in the area next week. That means we'll have lots of time with them, not to mention David and Meaghan, Lydia and Henry, Bekah and Andy and Opa. A house full (and hopefully many days a pool full)!

So, to enjoy these days to the max, I've logged out of FB, and will not be checking email often, and have my phone set to "do not disturb." I found if I don't construct a bit of a digital wall, there really IS no time off, and I am definitely ready for some real vacation. So I'm kind of going back to the way it was before we allowed the silliness of this "constant on" phase to invade and impoverish our lives. I'm going to have a good, old-fashioned summer for the next three weeks. I'll probably post some here, but not making any commitments to that either. Is that a sigh of contentment you hear? Why, yes. Yes, it is. It comes from me!

Enjoy the summer days, my friends!
From a walk along the bike trail

No comments: